/dist/images/branding/favicon

PowerHungry, Precision I2C, Orbit 15-20

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hello to all I wanted to share my new octo build to to help others and to learn some new things too
    I have a stock MK CS8 that its maxt out on the all around weight so decided to upgrade but before I started to take apart my fine tune CS8 working copter I decided instead to first do the upgrade on a 2nd frame I had its a Skyjib8 frame that I had half way build,this are the components I had to start
    Skyjib 8 frame V1
    8 Orbit 15-20 motors
    MK FC upgraded to v2.1
    PH retracts and standard landing gear
    New components are:
    PowerHungry power board
    8 maytech 65A Esc NO Bec
    Precision I2C

1 the PowerHungry distribution is pretty simple straight forward design the Esc's power leads connect very easily, I like the design because there is no soldering other than the 2 main EC5 connectors, changing a Esc in the field is as simple as disconnect and connect, the unit is a little pricey for what it is but I guess I am paying more for a well thought design than the actual materials

The Precision I2C sims simple but I do have a few questions
    1 to power it: instructions say that esc #1 will power the unit, is this from a Esc with a 5v bec built in, or a normal Esc?
    or, is it better to get power directly from the MK FC

2 The Maytech Esc dealer told me to do a throttle calibration on each Esc do I do this calibration 1 by 1 can some share the procedure for this

base on my list any comments or head up would be appreciated

IMG_2226.jpg IMG_2227.jpg IMG_2229.jpg

2. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Ok Esc throttle calibration done did it 2 times some of the Esc audible tones where had a lower volume hmm?? is his normal
    tomorrow wil install the FC and the I2C