/dist/images/branding/favicon

Paralinx Arrow, digital video transmitter.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Daniell P. Ashby, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Daniell P. Ashby

Daniell P. Ashby New Member

Hi!
    I work for Antimedia as grip and drone pilot. We just bought a Cinestar 3axis gimbal with radian to our epic x. Therefore i joined this forum.:eek::)

Is there anyone who has tried Paralinx? We have borrowed one for testing, but it's seems a bit short range, 100m los. Having found that the antenna is in front of the transmitter (the other side of the hdmi plug) I hope to get better range by "aiming" it towards the receiver ?. It has a omni directional antenna. Maybe modify it? It also needs 5v via usb. Guess I will split a usb cable to attach to a ubec when mounted in the gimbal.
    But if anyone has tested this and know this gives to short range, please let me know. So I don`t have to do all the testing. :)

I have tried it briefly in the office, it works very well. Latency is more than 3ms, but not much. So it will work for camera framing.

Does anyone here have a alternative? Weight is most important, not price.. within reason;) We have tested some Cobham stuff before, but it is a bit heavy..

Link Paralinx: http://paralinx.net/

2. Daniell P. Ashby

Daniell P. Ashby New Member

I have re-posted this under "Video Assist & Video Accessories" Please delete this thread:)