/dist/images/branding/favicon

Paralinx Arrow antenna positions

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Michael Braun, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

How you need to point TX and RX to get the best signal on a Cinestar in the air?

Is it possible to transmit with Paralinx and also with 5.8ghz SD video? Do you get any interference?

2. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

Hi! We have transmitted video simultaneously using an analog transmitter and an arrow. I recommend putting the arrow with the tip opposite the hdmi port down towards earth if you can (perhaps on a landing gear).

On your receiver - you should point the end opposite the HDMI up to get optimal range.

You would likely need an HDMI splitter, and then an hdmi to analog converter on your craft in order to send from both simultaneously.

I hope these answers have been helpful! Please let me know if there is anything else I can address for you.

Best,

Dan Kanes
    president and CTO
    Paralinx, LLC

3. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Can anyone share experiences with Paralinx Arrow Plus mounted into a multicopter. What is the realistic range that can be reliably achieved. Is it the advertised 300ft line of sight or less / more?

4. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

I was wondering if it's possible to hack the antenna and make the range on these much better. Just like the cloverleaf design that drastically improved the range and signal of the SD downlinks a few years ago. Is there anywhere on it that states the frequency used?