/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Alex B. Alexeev, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Alex B. Alexeev

Alex B. Alexeev New Member

hello everyone!

Thank you for Movi pro guys. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, I do not have much experience in using this device. I have to learn and use on the set.

The top issue is that after balancing, when I start Movi it turns 180 degrees and points in wrong direction. I works ok in manual mode, but when I switch to magestic and use the controller it continuously pans clockwise.

I will appreciate any piece of advice. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

This is a common question.

In Majestic Mode, the back of the Movi will line up opposite the Latch on the Toad in the Hole. So if you loosen you latch, turn it to where you want the back, and re-latch it, it will keep that as center (unless you trim it in the settings).

The lens is supposed to point in the same direction as the 'Feet' of the ring. In your photo, it's pointing the opposite way. It's also possible to have the feet attached backwards, but the ring should have a little bit of a lean forward towards the feet. If it's too upright, gravity can't do its job and keep the gimbal from falling over. Hard to tell in your photo if the feet are on correctly, but it looks very upright.

And any minute now, Andy or Gary will be following up, asking you to change your name to your real first and last name. :)

Rob Ruscher likes this.
  3. Alex B. Alexeev

Alex B. Alexeev New Member

Thank you, Graham!

Now it runs like a clock!

Graham Futerfas likes this.