/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ny Times Real Estate Drones

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by John Butkus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

2. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

Interesting quote:
    Mark Segal, president of SkyPan International, which took the photos for Alchemy, said his company did not seek F.A.A. approval at the time because the agency did not have a system for managing commercial drones below 400 feet. He added that most developers believed that once they purchased air rights over future development sites, “view images created by robots, drones or blimps should be allowed without F.A.A. involvement as long as these airships stay directly over the property footprint and follow certain safety procedures.”

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Not sure what the indoor one is. The outdoor copter looks like a MK design, hard to tell though, but it definitely looks like it has an MK stack on the outdoor one. The odd thing is that their website claims that they are using their own proprietary technology o_O. They also mention that they have patented their drones huh? Uhh when has the Multirotor been patented? They show a picture of a trad RC Helicopter.

Looking at there video its not that impressive to be honest. They used a rather large frame for a gopro bird with no gimbal stabilization there are much more practical frames with smaller footprints. Looking at their equipment I almost get the impression that they are smooth talking hucksters, convincing their clients that they are only ones on the planet that has figured out how to use he mutli-rotor. I am having trouble on what they mean by their patented drone design when it is a standard x configured quad copter.

The only thing they may have that is proprietary is their own software they might have contracted out to do 360 photo stitching, which I believe is already out there. I don't know what to think. I digress, sighh:cool: