/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Readyrig look alike called Proaim Flexirig Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by tom J. kelly, Nov 19, 2018.

1. tom J. kelly

tom J. kelly New Member

Hi,

I have recently seen a new Readyrig lookalike called Proaim Flexi Rig Pro. It only seems to be available on eBay and not in any uk resellers so im assuming its either 'a bad product or 'they are stealing the patent from Readyrig'.

Heres the link - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proaim-Flexi-Rig-Pro-Camera-Gimbal-Support-ST-FLEXI-PRO/163192189035

Anyone got first hand experience with the Flexi Rig? I'm about to buy a Movi Pro and have no experience of Readyrig but after seeing reviews I think I like that style for gimbal work over a Easyrig type thing.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

When I open the link in the US, it says they "May not Post to United States", so I assume it's a patent issue. It's definitely a rip off of Ready Rig, and there are several knock-off's out there.

I love my Ready Rig and am happy to support Alessandro's company. The customer service and support is phenomenal, as well. I've seen them replace people's damaged parts for free, including worn belts and broken bolts. They make an excellent product, and I couldn't work with out it. I tried the Easy Rig\Serene, but it's much less stable to me. I have the Pro-Arms, which can be extended, and they're very useful for high or low-angle shots, but they put more stress on my lower back when extended, so I only do it when I have to.

The Ready Rig probably isn't perfect for everything, but it's a great compromise in terms of weight, cost, and return on investment. There are other systems out there.

I recommend you get the Cinemilled Spindles for your ring, and that enables you to move the center of gravity of the gimbal up, which makes tilting easier, and you'll have better control.

3. tom J. kelly

tom J. kelly New Member

Thanks for the tips,

Yea wouldn't want to fund chancers who are stealing patents off decent people. I will save up for the real deal I guess. What are your thoughts on using one rod for handheld so like a slightly wonky easy rig set up. Will the ready rig be pulling the camera to one side?

Best

Tom

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I've seen that one-arm technique done, and even promoted by Ready Rig. Some people swear by it. I haven't really needed to do that, in my personal experience, though.

I could not effectively work with the Movi without a Ready Rig in my arsenal, or some kind of support vest. Even with lightweight cameras, it gets heavy pretty quickly. Having feet on the ring to set it down is helpful, and there are some shots that are better done without a support vest.

The Ready Rig requires some technique, practice, and knowing how to set it up, or you'll have issues seeing footsteps. I suppose if you look really carefully at Ready Rig shots, you can see a little wobble to them, but with the right practice, you can reduce these a lot. It's not a replacement for a dolly, slider, or crane, where you can limit the axes of movement.