/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need to Kill the Roll Stick

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Andy Post, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Just upgraded to firmware 5.0.2 on one of our M5's. All of a sudden the left stick of our controller will cause the gimbal to roll. I'd rather not have that as how we adjust the iris of our Red. How do I disable that? (never needed it before)

Share your thoughts,

2. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

In the movi app setup for controller configuration you can set the roll channel to 0.
    However, the way I like it is to use dual rates in the transmitter and set the rates to 0 for low switch position and maybe 30 for high position. This way you can use the roll trim buttons to level the horizon if it is off for some reason. You might need to search how to do that depending on what transmitter you have.

3. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

I'll do the set to Zero method first. I can see (rare) instances when having the roll active might be an effect to offer the director. But right now that is the stick that changes aperture on the camera. So roll left, shot gets darker, roll right it gets lighter. But then all I'd have to do is unplug that lead from the RX and I'd be good to go.

I'll also see if I can swtich the iris to a 3 position swtich or something like that.

THanks for the feedback. Seeing the roll suddenly active really threw me for a loop.