/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro in inverted mode not booting

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Karsten Jäger, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Karsten Jäger

Karsten Jäger New Member

Hello,

i just read the whole manual und checked the forum to find a similar issue if i am just too stupid to get it working, but it is starting to get realy frustrating..

i have a little car shooting upcoming where i need to mount the Movi upside down instead of hanging it.
    i never had any problems with my M10 doing that. but i just dont get the Movi Pro working in the inverted mode.
    There are basicly 2 option when the MoviPro is upside down.
    a) the camera is upside-down too
    b) the camera is rightside-up (by swinging the roll axis 180°)

at option a) the movi-pro is booting, but i have to flip around the mimic too and with a ps4 controller the gimbal is freaking out completely. but that is not suprising, as the movi pro was designed to use option b) for inverted mode. (at least as far as i understood)
    but in b) the movi is not booting. When i hit the power button the indicator LED is turning green, you hear a soft click from the inside, but then nothing happens. even the display is not turning on. and i cant turn it off too. you have to unplug the batterys. when i flip the roll axis 180° until the camera is upside down, it will boot. but the the controls are screwed up...

i am scared my Movi Pro is faulty? :eek:

or does anybody has any hints?
    thank you very much!

Karsten

#1 Karsten Jäger, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Karsten, can you make a video of this? You should also send an email to support@freeflysystems.com, but they'll probably want to see a video of the problem.

In the meantime, the Movi Pro should boot with the camera right-side-up. It needs to be very still and motionless while it boots.

The Movi doesn't work very well with the camera upside down.

Can you try booting the Movi normally with it on the ring, then pause motors, take it off the ring, do a 'Roll Flip' so the Toad receiver is pointing down but the camera is right-side up, re-mount it to your car mount, then un-pause the motors? Does it work then? If so, can you then shut the Movi off and re-boot?