/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro + Canon C200B + Canon CN-E 18-80mm

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Steve James, Oct 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steve James

Steve James New Member

New to gimbals - but try as I might I can’t seem to fine the balance point.

Anyone using this camera and lens combo they could send some photos/measurements to get me in the right area...

Please....

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, You probably need to add counterweights to the back of the camera with that lens. I assume you can't slide it far enough back to get it to stop tipping forward.

On the cheap, I have built many counterweights out of heavy washers and material from the hardware store, but if you can spend the money, you can also buy the Cinemilled Pro Dovetail for the Movi Pro, and get some counterweights for it. I use that dovetail all the time and often have to add some counterweight for many camera builds. The Ignite Digi Tilt Offsets could help you out, as well, but you might still need some counterweight.

3. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I ended up adding counterweights to get my Sony A7 to balance properly. I bought an Arca Swiss plate, added it to the back of the MoVI Pro plate, then either added counterweights or my Shogun Inferno to balance things out. Works great.

Here's the plate I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XNKWHD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used one of the 3/8 16 screws to attach it to the back of the MoVI plate and it works great and was incredibly cheap. Sliding the camera plate around makes fine tuning the tilt balance a bunch easier than releasing both the top and bottom plates on the MoVI.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Pic?

5. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I'm shooting tomorrow. I will post a pic with my A7 SII / Shogun inferno rig.