/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Batteries? TB50/51 vs SL4

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Noah Stout, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Noah Stout

Noah Stout New Member

Hi Team,
    Up until now I've been using the old school Movi Pro batteries and am curious about the other solutions that last longer and can power accessories. I believe the Freefly TB50 adapters don't have power out so that isn't an option for me, so that leaves me with the Ignite TB50 (or TB51) adapters or the new Freefly SL4 kit.

Ignite and Freefly options aren't that different in weight when considering the total of batteries and adapters. The SL4 stuff is a bit more expensive, but I believe they are not LiPo, which is a plus. Are there any other advantages? It seems a little more less convenient or more difficult to tap them, where as the Ignite stuff has a lemo out, as well as a separate power distribution that can be purchased. I'm still trying to figure out if I can power my SmallHD Cine 7 and Arri CCM-1 from that little tap cable for the SL4's.

But I've also heard some horror stories about the TB50 batteries failing, maybe not as much as the old Freefly batteries but still. Those batterie also might go discontinued soon, since the TB51 is out. If the right decision is Ignite's stuff , is it much better to go for the TB51 setup? The TB51 adapter with batteries is significantly more expensive but maybe more reliable and future proof?

Thanks!