Movi Pro / Alexa Mini LF build issues...

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Steven Deneault, Jun 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Steven Deneault

Steven Deneault New Member

Afternoon everyone,
    Scratching my head on the best build for the show I'm starting...

I'm prepping for a show where we'll be using my Movi quite a bit. Here are all the bits in my build at the moment.

Movi Pro. *plus all the Ignite Digi accessories for the Movi.
    Alexa Mini LF
    Heden motors
    MDR4
    Bolt 3K

We're having a real difficult time figuring out the best way to build the camera without having to use a lot of counterweights all the time. It's really slowing down even the slightest adjustment (filter swaps etc.) because counterweights need to be adjusted etc.

On top of that my Movi Camera has to be my studio cam as well so I'm trying to keep the mode switch fast.
    Right now my AC is trying a lot of different things... see some of his handy work at the moment in the pics attached.

I don't get into prep until Thursday but wanted to see if anyone had ideas on how to make the build cleaner/easier? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Steve Deneault

Attached Files:

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Why do you have counter weights up front by the lens? Usually I have to counterweight the back so I can slide the camera forward away from the roll beam. These seem to be counter-productive.

My honest answer is it's far easier with a Ronin 2. I've had to do lots of quick-swaps from studio build, and the R2 makes this much easier. Or a 2nd camera body that's Movi-ready could work.