/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Aerial set up

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ben Platts, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

I've never used the mimic before as I need 500m minimum range for all my gear on the Alta. If the range of the mimic 2 is only 300m can you use a futaba remote for controlling tilt/pan/roll then simultaneously use the mimic for controlling the camera and fiz where the range isn't so critical? Want all the new features the mimic offers but can't afford to only have 300m range.

2. Jack Wrangham

Jack Wrangham Member

Hey Ben

We have a bit of experience with the mimic beta - I would assume the new one is the same or better... You can use a normal tx to control p/t/r alongside the mimic, or even just specific axis - it's all set up in the app. Also range wise we've had great success using a 2.4ghz range booster on the mimic tx aerial - gave us over 600m easy.

Thought I'd post here for others - but drop me a line 2moif you wanna chat! Cheers

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  3. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

48 - I've never used the mimic before as I need 500m minimum range for all my gear on the Alta. If the range of the mimic 2 is only 300m can you use a futaba remote for controlling tilt/pan/roll then simultaneously use the mimic for controlling the camera and fiz where the range isn't so critical? Want all the new features the mimic offers but can't afford to only have 300m range.

--Tabb- - You can use futaba if you need more range, but won’t be able to control camera and fiz from it for the time being.

4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Am I the confused one, or did Tabb miss the question? Maybe the "It" Tabb refers to is the MIMIC. In which case i am confused as to the timeline on the FIZ capability of the MIMIC, he does not sound very enthused. But thats a different thread i guess.

Jack answers "You can use a normal tx to control p/t/r alongside the mimic."

So. . . . unless Tabb is saying otherwise and I am not following, answer is yes Ben. Thanks Jack.

#4 SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Ben Platts likes this.