/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi on a coaxial

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Nick Wolcott, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Nick Wolcott

Nick Wolcott Member

Has anyone tried it? Someone suggested to me that the prop wash from the larger props/shorter booms would upset the gimbal.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I’m getting great results from a Cinestar X8 coax with 450mm (stock) booms, 15” props, and a homemade DIY brushless gimbal. Not even sure I’m going to go with larger booms. There’s plenty of clearance, and I’m actually worried about the longer booms causing additional stress on the airframe. Eyeballing it, I could definitely move up to 16” props with the stock booms, but it doesn’t calc out for my purposes.

Nick Wolcott likes this.
  3. Ryan McCrae

Ryan McCrae Member

I have run 16" on my 450mm arms. I changed to 500mm arms for clearance and visibility.

Nick Wolcott likes this.
  4. Joe Lawry

Joe Lawry Member

Works fine.. we've got a good 10mm clearance between the lower props and the MR landing gear booms.. hehehe

5. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Steve Maller, Would love your MR settings VS handheld for your coax. So Cool seeing someone go coax :)

Steve Maller likes this.
  6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I haven’t really done anything handheld other than just doing the bathroom mirror test. So I’d say I’m somewhat experienced with the MR setup (more with 2-axis than 3-axis), but I’m still learning.

I’m away for a week shooting at SXSW so I can’t be of any help with settings, etc. right now. But I will post up what I’ve got when I get back home. Assuming I survive this gig. This city is NUTS. :eek:

7. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Coax and MōVI MR ... works very well together, settings between handheld and flying are very different, but need to tune the MōVI for each application.

Attached Files: