/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI M10 modifications

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Terry West, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Terry West

Terry West New Member

Hello my name is Terry West. You might have dealt with me if you are a Steadicam operator.
    I have made a setup for powering the camera and it's accessories from the M10. I presently have built my third iteration for a customer in Germany. The first two had an upper JBox and a harness running down to a Red Epic. This setup limits the system to only the Epic.
    The system that I built for Germany is a dual JBox setup, with a harness that can be routed along the present wiring path.
    The upper JBox which can be mounted on the rig just opposite the MOVI battery has a connector to power the monitor, two 2-pin Alexa style Lemo connectors, a connector to supply power and video leads between the upper and lower stages via the harness and two HD video connectors to supply the monitor on the horizontal bar from the camera.
    The lower JBox is nearly the same except the monitor connector is not on this stage.
    In general I have been building these units to use Steadicam cables as that is what I run into most often. It also allows the Steadicam operators to use their cables to handle different systems, but changes can be made to suit your needs. If you are using both systems, I full reccommend that you have cables for each, but using available cables allows for quicker system changes.
    My email address is techrat531@verizon.net if you wish to discuss these mods.

image.jpg

Attached Files: