/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Controller to Movi Pro interference?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by jim mundell, Oct 20, 2017.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Had my Flowcine Black Arm on a clients job in which they were shooting Car to motorcycle and were having issues with their Mimic and their Movi Pro. It kept drifting to the left and they tried a bunch of things which didnt remedy.
    I offered my Movi Controller to them and it worked fine.

They did though have a few issues driving thru the streets of Philly around the big buildings and also under the "L" an elevated train structure. The Movi controller lost control of the Movi Pro under the L train, it went to mimic straight ahead and when around the city it twitched left and right a bunch of times.
    Their Movi heading was set to GPS.

So my questions are was it RF interference, loss of GPS signal or something else I am unaware of.

I assume the heading should have been set to GPS mode?
    Client said rf signal on the controller was showing full. He also tried to rebind the controller and Movi which didnt help. He also went to scan channels and it didnt help.
    Once they drove away from the L and city it worked fine. Any and all education or tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Drift and the mimic is a well-documented issue with movi pro. Tabb has posted a really informative google Doc on mitigating drift during setup. I recommend checking that out, and as Ben ruffel (i think)suggested on that thread, printing out a copy for your gimbal case.

In my experience, Electromagnetic interference is definitely a consideration for movi operators near large metal objects (subways, parking decks, buildings, etc), and sometimes areas of heavy RF. Completely loosing link under the L sounds extreme, but not a huge surprise.

Gps heading in a city with lots of obstructions like skyscrapers could be a contributing factor i believe. according to jason toth,
    "Leave this option off (off works the best), all of our Movi Pros using GPS Assist w/ the 2x latest firmwares does the hiccup, which boned us on a fews high profile jobs till we realized what it was."

Thread for gps issue here http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/movi-pro-gps-heading-assist-issue.8904/

jim mundell likes this.