/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi App not connecting to MoviPro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Anyone having issues with the MoviPro wifi not connecting with the Apple iPhone 7 through wifi so one can use the Movi app? I have the latest iPhone update. Help!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I thought it was Bluetooth, not wifi?

3. Graham Futerfas

Three things:

First, make sure you've got the Movi Pro app from the app store, and not the original Movi (M5/10/15) app. They're not the same, but look similar in the App store.

Second: I regularly, and by that I mean, almost every time I connect to the Movi through the app, have to QUIT the Movi Pro app by double-tapping the Home button and swiping 'up' on the Movi Pro app. Then re-start the app. This is frustrating, but I have to do it when the app won't connect to the gimbal. I can see the gimbal in the Connection List, but it won't connect, even if I tap on it.

Third, there are some issues with the latest iOS 11 that causes the Bluetooth to lose connection after about three minutes. Freefly has resolved this with the BETA Firmware version 1.4, but you need the Beta version of the app, not 1.3.x. You only really need this if you're planning to perform an Update to your Movi Pro, because otherwise you don't typically need to stay connected for so long.

Rob Weidner likes this.
  4. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Okay I think I had an old app I was looking at on my phone. Feeling dumb. lol

5. Ronny Sharma

Ronny Sharma New Member

MoVI app had been running smooth on my iPhone 7 when it was running iOS 10 however as I updated to iOS 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it is simply crashing on the start up. Can anyone please help me?

Update: Surprisingly the app is running fine once again as I have done a fresh installation : )

Ronny Sharma
    Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

#5 Ronny Sharma, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  6. Graham Futerfas

I had to reset Network Settings a few times to get the Movi Pro to connect, but that doesn't sound like the problem you're having. You could obviously try deleting the Movi Pro app and re-installing it.