/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting M5 101.

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Cody Hanthorn, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Round 3. I wish there was more concrete mounting practices out there. I tried DYS black, Zenmuse white balls hang and compress. No good either vibs at a particular frequency or all over the place hitting the landing gear. The best was zenmuse z15 white hang, but the gimble was all over hitting the landing gear in the heavy winds, but was vibration free. This is idea is from Stratus productions llc. Its the cable theory which a couple of you agree is the best. The problem I am seeing is how did you guys get around the upper plate(in a compression version) moves around only a little with the upper rods will hit it since the compression wire has enough movement to allow it to hit. This will cause video to be un-usable. I have 3 needs for the machine coming up and I need a mounting solution. Any ideas please and thank you. I am thinking of using the rubber gromet as a guide and side to side dampen while the cable dampeners up and down. Weight is perfect for this gimble on the cable setup for the 4 parts.

I can think of three options. Make longer rods for the upper carbon plate to slide upp and down on and the black rubber to keep the plate in line (re-doing the Toad mounting so you can attach the gimble to the plate will leave the machine dragging on the ground until I can get leg extensions as well.. #2 do the hang technique and let it fly more around with only the wire. #3 use zeal gel and sandwich the two plate and not look back.

I asked Quadrocopter on friday via email. This is really important for anyone mounting these. Not all of us run a cine-star recipe and should not be expected to.

-Cody

Attached Files:

2. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member