/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic x Movi Pro Boot Error

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Brandon Obey, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted you to know that if you are pairing your Mimic and Movi Pro, then be sure to shut them down properly. I don't know the preferred method when shutting down paired devices,but I csn across this issue.

I was testing out pairing the Movi Pro and Mimic with great success. After testing, I shut down the Movi Pro first and then the Mimic. Now my Movi was not touched for nearly a month and when I was finally on a job with full batteries and went to boot up I got the Green light and the dreaded Black Screen. I thought it was the batteries and it was not.

So when I got home after contacting FF support, who advised me to send it in. . I was searching the forums for answers as I have used this gimbal only once and everything was perfect. Plus, I can't stand downtime, I could not afford.

A couple of days later, I went boot up the Movi Pro, and I still got the black screen. Then I had a thought about the Mimic. So I went and booted it up first and then booted the Movi Pro and .....Voila The Movi Pro was back up and running YAY!!!!!

Apparently the Movi Pro was still Bound to the Mimic and whatever confusion was caused when I shut it down the first time after pairing it with the Mimic during testing caused the Movi Pro not to boot during its next power cycle bc it was still looking for the Mimic.

If there is a method for unbinding paired devices please share, if not then FF needs to implement one as on shoots there is no telling if an AC or any Movi Ops will unbind devices correctly.

Other than that I love the Movi Pro. It is definitely the game changer.

#1 Brandon Obey, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017