/dist/images/branding/favicon

Magnet error!!!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Darren Brower, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Darren Brower

Darren Brower Member

Hi Guy's,
    So once again i find myself looking upon this great community for help.
    Im currently down in Argentina with my C8 for a shoot. Everything made it down safely and is assembled.
    I went to test fly today and keep getting a bad Magnet error, Im talking between 150-230%. Ive tried many different places and couldn't find a spot it would start.
    Finally i found a patch of grass that if the copter was facing one way it wouldn't start, but if i faced it 180 degrees in the other direction it was fine and was showing 95%.
    Does anyone have an explanation to what might be happening and how i can tackle this problem? I did manage to take off eventually in this one spot and it was flying great. ALT hold worked great and so did the GPS hold. Compass calibrated with no errors.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

There are two things you can try
    1) compass effect to zero
    2) click the ignore compass error on start-up (this will help you take off in places you normally can not!)

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I vaguely remember that there can be issues with the MK stack in the Southern Hemisphere. I'm on an airplane right now with crappy internet, but search google for "mikrokopter southern hemisphere".

4. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Have you done a compass calibration??

Need to do that every time you move a large distance from where it was last calibrated

5. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago in Brazil. I did the compass calibration about 8 times in different places and would get a compass error every time. I eventually gave up - assuming that some of my wiring would mess with the compass - and set the compass effect to zero.
    Still have to test the new FC2.5 and GPS/Navi-Cnrl here in the US. Would be crazy if being in the southern hemisphere was the real problem! :)

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

southern hemisphere is not a problem ..... can happily live in the southern hemisphere and fly .... the only issue down here appears to be uploading iPhone photos to the forum, which then thinks they are all taken upside down .....:confused:

Gary McCready likes this.