/dist/images/branding/favicon

Issues ... Panning back to center on Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Stefan Beaumont, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Stefan Beaumont

Stefan Beaumont New Member

Hey guys, new to Movi Pro, but have worked with a number of gimbals in the past.

I have figured out the "shaking" issue for the most part with the pan stiffness and pan filters, however, when I pan to the left and/or right and then stop the ring facing where I want the camera to go, the gimbal doesn't quite make it around to the point. I'd say it misses the mark by 4 degrees(which is huge if you have to try and guesstimate and over compensate for that on a move.

Any thoughts?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Stefan, maybe you already know this and it's not causing your issue, but the Movi lines up the back of the gimbal directly with the latch on the Toad in the Hole. If that's off a bit, your Movi will point slightly left or right of center, depending on how it's lined up. You can loosen the latch and rotate it slightly to get the alignment you want.

Additionally, what are your Majestic settings for Pan Window and Smoothing? Is your Pan Hold Strength above the default of 8? I've found that can affect fine operational performance but can give faster response.

One issue that I sometimes have to resolve in the balance of settings is a tendency to 'kick back' after stopping the Pan, and this can be caused by having the gimbal be too stiff, and some of it is done by finessing the operating.