/dist/images/branding/favicon

Inspect your expose boards Carefully

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I want to share a mishap and solution I had with my mini copter a Discovery Pro its not a CS but it also has some expose boards (my big copter is a MK CS8)
    on my last flight I flew too close to a large palm tree and collided with a frown, then the copter fell on to some bushes bellow, no damage, after a general inspection I flew again everting look ok until I notice that only the right side of the roll work the left roll no response ????..... landed and call it a day, connected the copter to the Dji software I could clearly see the left roll not responding on the display so long trouble shooting began, connect disconnect cables take apart put together radio calibrations etc... nothing work until I decided to look with a magnifying glass at the top board nothing out of the ordinary, then the lower board, thats when I notice a very tiny, tiny piece of what look like palm debris stuck between the legs of a elecronic component on the board, I carefully push it out wit a plastic tip hmmm!!! it can't be that, so I reconnected to test re calibrated and to my surprise that was the problem the left Roll started to work
    my surprise also comes that a piece of organic plant material can create some kind of short or interference in electronic components got me thinking of MK boards and to carefully check them more often, especially after a crash or dusty environments, I know conformal coating is the way to go to avoid humidity and to avoid potential tiny objets finding their way wedge between electronic components.
    Periodic carefull inspection of the boards could save a craft from an unexpected crash.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

3. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

4. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Jeff, I never leave home without one of those. :D

nick

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

6. Steve Maller