/dist/images/branding/favicon

how to verify if Mimic is upgraded successfully?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by sandeep nandy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sandeep nandy

sandeep nandy Member

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest Mimic 1.4 and 5.0 akira. Tried using the 1.800 app in MAC to load the firmware of M5 first and then Mimic. After the mimic firmware upgrade completed, it seems that it upgraded the movi and not mimic as most options were not seen in the GUI after upgrade completed.

I had to reinstall the 5.0 akira firmware on the M5 and then clicked on the freefly logo to verify. It does show M5 version but not the mimic version anywhere.

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Sandeep, the MIMIC will show up as it's own FFS-XXXX device when it is powered on. You need to connect directly to it and go through the firmware update process while connected to it. To ease confusion, do this without the MōVI powered on. Make sure you put MIMIC 1.4 firmware on the MIMIC, and not 5.0 MōVI firmware.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I suppose one quick way to see if it's upgraded would be to double-tap the Mimic's pan hold button and see if it switches the Movi to Kill mode.

One thing that confused me with the Mimic upgrade: you need to go to your Android tablet's settings and go under Bluetooth with the mimic on, and connect there first before you can see it in the Freefly app.

4. sandeep nandy

sandeep nandy Member

thanks guys.. will sort this out now.