/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to disable the spring on MC-32 transmitter?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dan Walker, May 5, 2014.

1. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

So Page 19 of the MC-32 transmitter manual reads:

I followed these instructions and did not obtain the result I was after. Basically I would like to disable the spring on the throttle axis. Having the throttle jump to the mid point all the time seems like it would be extremely dangerous!

Anyone have experience with this?

2. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

If you are flying Mikrokopter the spring in, to center the throttle, is great. After you take off, holding it down slightly, you just let it center itself and your Heli just stays where it is (if you have vario altitude control on and the stick set at 127).
    I got used to it in no time, after using a Spektrum DX-8, and now can't imagine flying without it.
    I have an MX-20, but I'm sure it is similar. If you want to disable the spring, you just turn the screw until the Gimbal moves freely.

3. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

Gary,
    Thanks for the comments!
    I think I'll wait till I'm used to the new setup before I add the spring back in.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. The plastic piece that holds the screw is fairly flexible. As I turned the screw it flexed just enough for the screw to slip down the side of the housing. I got my wife to hold the plastic in place while I turned the screw and it worked out just fine this time.