/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help! Error while recording

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Julie Thibault, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Julie Thibault

Julie Thibault New Member

I was filming a birth and when I pressed stop, movi told me that it cannot record the sequence
    I had enough space on my iPhone 12 max
    I don’t know what happen

during the labour of my client, I did many clips and everything was ok
    But twice before the birth, it did the same ce
    I didn’t use it for months but the app was newly installed with the last version

what happen!????
    Is there a possibility that the files are recorded somewhere deep down my iPhone?

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

This section of the forum is for Mōvi Pro, not Movi Cinema Robot. However, I can answer your question:

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you! I know the stress of thinking the shot you just captured is gone.

Good news first
    Who delivers bad news first? That's just terrible:
    • The video clip can be recovered!
    • When the app tries to export your clip at the end of your recording session, you should always try to save it again. But you may have to click cancel to get back to the app. When you do this it sticks the file in a folder that iOS creates, in our app.

Recovering Clips
    To access this folder, head to the Files app on your phone: Files app>Locations>On My Phone>Movi.
    • The missing video clips showed up here and you can save them to your camera roll through the "Share" menu button at the bottom of the screen.
    Bad news
    Some change that Apple made in iOS 13 made it so that our app cannot export some clips to the camera roll. We haven't found the root cause so this will continue to happen on clips that are captured in 4k, over 10 minutes in length, or 1080 over 20 minutes in length.

How can I avoid this?
    1. Other than letting the export fail and recovering the files as noted above, the easiest thing is probably to cut your clips briefly before you hit the 10 minute mark when shooting in 4K or the 20 minute mark when shooting 1080.
    • This could be close to the 10 minute mark, or in the minute leading up to 10 minutes, at a convenient moment to quickly stop and start recording.
    • There is a time indicator in the bottom right corner of the screen that shows how long you've been recording, to help gauge this.
    2. Shoot in 1080.
    • If you are capturing between 10-20 minutes, shooting in 1080 will avoid this issue if you don't need 4k footage. And it saves a ton of storage space on your phone!
    • Not a great option if you want to capture in 4K, but still an option.
    3. Set your majestic settings in the Movi app and then switch to another app for video capture.
    • You won't be able to adjust your majestic settings mid-shot, and you'll need to start and stop recording from the screen of your phone.

3. Julie Thibault

DO YOU KNOW YOU JUST LITTERALY SAVED MY LIFE!!!!?????????
    THE VIDEO OF THAT BIRTH MOMENT IS THERE!!!!!!!!
    I THINK IM GONNA CRY HONESTLY
    THANKSSSSSSS SO MUCH!!!
    JULIE

4. Julie Thibault

and thanks for
    and thanks for all the explanations how to avoid this, i'll be less stressed for the next birth!!
    sorry for the wrong section, i'm a french speaker person so i was a little mixed up with all the movi titles ans posts lolll (if you can change the section there's no problem with that obviously ;) )

i do have another question thow
    the motor some times starts to vibrate a lot with a big noise and get stuck in a position
    i need then to stop and turn off movi robot but i dont know how to avoid this again because it happen with nothing related every time.... it was filming laying on a table and it started... or was in my hand not moving and did it again...

thanks!!