/dist/images/branding/favicon

HDMI cable to Monitor.

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by David Cooper, Apr 14, 2014.

1. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

photo.JPG Just looking for some common sense advice on using the monitor mounted on the handle. I am wondering if there is any special way to connect the Small HD monitor to the camera without the cable getting in the way on the Movi 5 with my Canon 7D. I do have a Cineroid HDMI Clamp on the bottom of the camera to hold the cable securely in the camera at 90 degrees. I normally use it since the small mini HDMI is very delicate if it is bent. There is still not much clearance for the cable without it touching the rig. I assume the softest cable is best to not fight the Movi motors. Is there a wireless option that mounts under the camera so I don't have the 1 foot cable dangling around. Any pictures of rigs that work well would help.
    Thank you. Love this Movi and working with dancers next month on stage.

2. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I will try to post a picture of a setup I have used extensively (including 8+ hours a day for 3 days in a row). I have the really thin HDMI cables, and I just plug it in without any port protectors. I am using a 5D MK 3, and it would not fit in the cage with my usual camera plate on it due to vertical height. I am not concerned at all about the HDMI port, since it is protected by the Movi itself. I ran 3 cables to my camera; a usb cable, a stereo cable and a hdmi cable and had no real issues. You do need to balance it with the cables attached and I found that a bit tricky if you do not have the right slack on the cables.

3. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

Thank you Nicolas I will rebalance with the cable. Maybe look for a softer cable first

4. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

5. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

Thank you Nicolas, my cable is a bit too stiff so I will check this one out.

6. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Its a great cable. Very light weight and very flexible.

7. dixson

dixson New Member

8. Jeff Mowery

Jeff Mowery New Member

Cables are looking pretty..I am looking for the cables which would be compatible with my Blackmagic Mark III camera..

Could u tell me the price for price of it....Anyways thanks in advance