/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flying in Mexico

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by John Butkus, Jan 20, 2014.

1. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

Flying in Mexico

I will be visiting Mexico in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me the rules for flying RC there? Can we use 2.4g? Any regs about flying with a camera

2. Graydon Tranquilla

Some additional information might make it possible for someone to provide some feedback. The 2.4 Ghz radio frequency use might be the least of your concerns.

3. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

Well, I wont be doing a professional shoot but thought I would take one of my smaller multirotors down to fly and take some pictures. So I should be perceived as regular "RC" and wanted to know if they are more or less relaxed about it than we are here in the states. No FPV. No SLR. No Cinestar. Just a cheesy little water proof number with a gopro.

4. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

hey man, it's Mexico! They are about as laid back a country you can find anywhere regarding stuff like this. Id say one of the least likely countries where you will have anyone raise issue with flying your machine.
    I just got back a few days ago flying down there for a shoot. No problemo...

John Butkus likes this.
  5. Daniell P. Ashby

Daniell P. Ashby New Member

Keep some cash in your passport for the police/military, and stay away from the cartels and their "crops"! Mexico is very laid back, but don't be naive:)