/dist/images/branding/favicon

Dual 8000mAh

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Howard Dapp, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I just ran dual FF 9000mah on my stock CS8 with 360. No camera weight. Flight was just over 18 min in a 10 ft hover to 13.8 volts showing on the Spektrum telemetry (which I've heard is off by up to .2 volts... so maybe 14.0 actual).

I have also run dual ThunderPower 6600mah on the same copter with a 5d3 and 16-35L with no issues. I dont have any real data for that setup because it was 30mph winds, -2F, and only running 4-5 min flights.

But to answer your question.. No I have not run those packs... dual or solo. :)

3. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Has anybody figured out who makes the QC's?
    Might be old news but I have never known.

4. Dave Hipkiss

Dave Hipkiss New Member

I've just started (literally this week) with dual Zippy 4s 8000mah in parallel to evaluate them.... Mine is a Cs8, TorxPower 3548 motors, Maytech 40amp ESCs with Simon K, Wookong M, iOSD and downlink, no camera/gimbal onboard as yet.

It'll fly for 13 mins before the first protection level on the wookong kicks in, currently set at 14.4v/which corresponds to 14.2v on my telemetry from the Dx8 (agreeing with Brad's .2v out) .

Not very scientific I know, but haven't had chance to take them any lower yet.

Howard Dapp likes this.
  5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I fly with QC8000s and Zippy 8000s in a dual configuration on my CS8 with 2-axis gimbal. Standard MK stack. I get 10-12 minutes flight time with the 5D Mark III and 24/2.8 IS and over 15 minutes with the CX760V. I'm very happy with both.

Andy currently has a pair of my Zippys to run through his test suite, so we'll have some real data on them.

But I'm very happy with them. The only issue I've had was with one of them whose EC5 fell off (on the charger, not in flight!) because of a bad soldering job. It was my bad soldering job. ;)

Zach Beggs and Howard Dapp like this.
  6. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

GREAT info guys.

7. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Good info. I've been meaning to fly our 5D/24IS with dual 8000's. Does it feel sluggish at all?
    Thanks. And I LOVE the plate.
    -m

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Hi Mike. Sluggish? Well, I like to fly slow and steady, so I can't say as I've experienced anything like that. I actually think that the dual batteries provide a good bit of equilibrium with the heavier camera beneath.

Dave Hipkiss and MIke Magee like this.