/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI A2 X8 yaw issue

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Skarphéðinn Snorrason, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Skarphéðinn Snorrason

Hi guys.
    I was hoping to hear your feedback on this issue I experienced recently with the A2..
    I was flying with a new gimbal when I noticed that it made an extra rudder input when I released the rudder stick back to center position. It is really minor and it still flies well but still it is pretty uncomfortable to have any extra movements than your own.
    I just got a little clip of it when it did this for the first time and you can see it here:

It is hard to notice this on a video but I am yawing slowly to the right and then center the rudder stick but then it continues the yaw with a bit more aggressive yaw to right just a few degrees.
    So I updated the firmware of the A2 because I still had the 2.4 and also calibrated the IMU and the GPS and made another test flight today. The issue is still there.. It still makes thous extra movement but it seems to only do it when I yaw to the right.
    Here is the testflight from today (notice the sound the motors make at the end of yaw to the right):

What I think might be wrong is motor alignment. But still it is really close to be perfect. And I'm not sure how sensitive the A2 is to motor alignment.
    But please let me know what you think!
    All thoughts are greatly appreciated :)