/dist/images/branding/favicon

Counter balance ideas..

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris mierzwinski, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Chris mierzwinski

Does anyone here use counterweights to counter a c300 or similar weight camera with a beefier lens 3lb+ and a focus motor I've noticed two things happening especially with the c300.
    With a heavier lens the body has to go back. The c300 is tall and basically the room to clear the back of the Movi goes away fast. Not only preventing tilts but actual vertical balance.

Ideally extra low profile/volume weights could be placed at the back and even better if they were positioned a bit higher from the camera plate. This would bring the camera forward and vertically down to clear it most efficiently.

Such counter weights could help with any light camera.

Any ideas and suggestions?

2. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

Hi Chris,

The clever boys at BensCameraHire in Melbourne Australia use the merlin steadicam weights? try that.
    Bd4cyCYCUAAZjTY.jpg

3. Ben Huddleston

I've been using stick-on lead weights from a tire shop, normally used for balancing car wheels. That way you can get your CG wherever you need it.

4. Chris mierzwinski

Awesome. Both are great ideas. How do you typically attached the lead weights? M3 tape?

5. Ben Huddleston

The weights I've been getting have double-stick tape already attached, but it's a very aggressive one (to make sure the weight doesn't fling off the car wheel). Regular cheapo double-stick is fine. In my kit I have several weights with the hard side of Velcro attached, since I cover camera bodies in soft side for attaching stuff. This has been working well.