/dist/images/branding/favicon

Correct cables for powering multiple devices

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Jordan Alber, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Jordan Alber

Jordan Alber New Member

Im a very small time filmmaker and have only used m A7RII only movi so far but recently purchased an atomos ninja flame and paralinx ace and an additional screen to work with the mimic controller and trying to find out the correct cables I would need power my camera, the recorder and the transmitter all from the movi batteries. I've been using the 5V USB c to mini hdmi cable but that seems to simply slow down my camera batteries drainage as opposed to actually not needing to change camera batteries im assuming I need to the D-tap 15V cable, however which cable/s would work for the paralinx and the Atomos? I'm also looking at purchasing a pop-in-lock Freefly plate for the transmitter and and trying to figure out if I need to also purchase a paralinx mounting bracket for the transmitter in order to attach it or if there are workarounds

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

One recommendation is to check Atomos power requirements and compare against MōVI Pro user manual. Some of their products draw too much current I think.

3. Jordan Alber

Jordan Alber New Member

Thanks Deniz I think I got the system all figure out, ordered all cables yesterday. If I fry my atomos I'll drop a cautionary warning here.