/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Nick Squillace, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nick Squillace

Nick Squillace New Member

Hey everyone! Ive been looking into buying a cinestar platform for some time now and had a few questions. What better place to ask the the FF forums. So im looking into getting the cinestar 8 kit with 3 axis gimbal as i like the idea of being able to lift heavier cameras and having the redundancy of 2 more motors. I will be flying Cannon t3i and FS100 and already have dual operator fpv gear from other builds. My question was how does MK FC compare to WKM? Im trying to decide which one will be more reliable in the long run. From what ive read i like the idea of the MK board having flight history and everything that happens during flight log. I fly mostly in manual as well since its LOS most of time. Also to get most out of my bird as far as flight times, should i go with different motors than the QC motors that come with it? Any suggestions on things i should lookout for or buy when when i place order that will assist me in the future? Any suggestion are appreicate! Thanks!

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The combination of the MK electronics and Graupner TX gives you a tremendous amount of visibility into tuning parameters and reliability. Not sure you can get that much from the Wookong stack.

Nick Squillace likes this.
  3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hi Nick,
    its a really hard answer. At the moment WKM can carry a little heavy load then the mk. I have run mk and like it. I fly a cannon mkIII. I have not had a chance to do wkm yet! You also have to remember FF is bringing out a new FC synapse which i think will be the flag ship of heavy lifting able to carry red cameras etc with ease and long flying times. This is coming out any day now. with motors wise i would also wait until the hl is also released i dont know what motors it has on the thing but they look good. Still waiting for them to get back from NAB!

Nick Squillace likes this.
  4. Nick Squillace

Nick Squillace New Member

Thanks for the suggestions Steve and Jason! Good to hear! Im favoring the MK electronics because of the tuning which you can't get much of with the WK like you said. I have been using 2 Futaba Tx and a Dx6i for a while now and will probably upgrade to a Graupner MX-20 when I have enough for it. Im going to keep my eye out for the New FF FC (price depending that is) since this is my first large AP platform im trying to keep the budget just under $8k but will have more set aside for props, extra parts ect...Ive heard about the Herkules III power board with KW9/10 Motors having some better flight times. Going to do alot more research before i dive in! Thanks for help guys!