/dist/images/branding/favicon

can some one please look at this Gpx file?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jason Smoker, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hey Guys,

I am still trying to get my Cinestar 8 sorted out. I recently changed the gimbal config i put longer long side arms to get my cg more central and make my pan more balanced. I am carrying cannon 5d with a 24mm wide lens.

any comments grateful.

I always notice one motor does more work, I have tried to balance everything

Cheers
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Jason

Have you balanced the gimbal and the copter by suspending them? I have balanced each of them by balancing them individually and then bolt the gimbal on to the copter and rechecking the balance.

3. Jason Smoker

Hey Dave yeah I have done recently did to get the pan of gimbal More balanced. i
    need to recheck the motor angles I did tip to tip but something still one motor draws a little more current moved weight and battery around its the best balance I can get pan seems good. I wonder what over amps people are getting with the same mk setup? I get no errors which is good since I turned off my compass I just wonder if file is average?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Ahh, a GPX file that's normal! :)
    I don't see anything in there to be concerned about, given what you described.
    As they used to say at NASA, it appears "nominal".
    Looks to me as though you were mostly hovering, and the current draw of 60-70 amps seems normal with a 5D on board. I'd try again with a little more aggressive flying (ascending, descending, etc...). And that'd also give you a better idea of what kind of battery life you might expect, which is important in planning your shoots.
    Is this a stock Cinestar 8? What battery or batteries are you using?

5. Jason Smoker

thanks Steve for taking a look!
    For my job I take ''balcony shots'' for Apartment buildings and high rise buildings and consists mainly hovering up and down and taking photos in Tokyo. Mostly are busy construction sites so I dont get to burn aggressively around as much as I would like!!
    Yes stock Cinestar 8 with a slightly modified 3 axis Cinestar gimbal to get balancing as "good as i can get" with my cannon 5d mkIII.

Batterys I am using are 2 x 6200mah QC from what i have seen on this forum and others this the best option for what my job requires. I still waiting for FF to bring out there heavy lifter hint hint!!