/dist/images/branding/favicon

C300 mkii and MoVI pro power/cables

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Knee, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Adam Knee

Adam Knee New Member

Could some one help me identify the cable I would need to power a c300mkii from the movi pro batteries? I didn't see it as an option in the accessory list. Also, what cable could I use to power a Teradeck bolt, DJI follow focus and a Small HD 702?

Is there a cable that I can use to control start/stop and other functions as well using the c300 lanc or remote port?

Thanks - sorry for the noob questions.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, you can buy a D-Tap to Lemo cable for the C300 at B&H, but the ones they list are kind of long -- 24". So you'll have a lot of excess cable to neaten up on the gimbal.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...camera_wc_212000_d_tap_to_canon_c300mkii.html

You could also talk to a company like Media Blackout about doing a custom-length cable (or two -- you should have a backup! :))

Teradek Bolt has D-Tap to 2-pin Lemo cables readily available (I have several in my kit).

I don't know the DJI follow focus, so can't comment, but there's D-Tap Power available on the Movi Pro. There are two outlets below the camera on the Tilt Stage Unit (1x 6A for camera, 1x 2A for accessories), and then another 2A output by the Gimbal Control Unit on the back.

Having a D-Tap Splitter or two in your kit would be wise.

Depending on the power draw of the accessories, I'm going to have to wait to get the Movi Pro and test it out, but I may put the Teradek on the back of the gimbal by the GCU outlet (and run a BNC back there from the camera). I'd rather keep both Video Transmitter and Follow Focus Receiver by the camera, but not sure if 2A is enough power. You also might consider using C300 (BP-A30's or BP-A60's) batteries in the camera and just power your accessories off the D-Taps. That's how I've been using C300's on my M15. It depends if you're trying to shave off weight for flying on Alta or going handheld.

As for the SmallHD -- I've kept my monitors on the top handle (or Ring, in this case), and powered them with separate batteries than the gimbal in order to reduce the number of cables pulling on the gimbal.

LANC control -- I believe that's coming in later firmware updates, or maybe it's in the Firmware update they're putting finishing touches on before shipping. The cable appears to be available in the Freefly Store. If you have time, check out Tabb's Facebook Live video from yesterday. I think he touched on it a bit.

Hope that helps more than it confuses.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  3. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I used the P tap to C300 Mk 2 power cable today. It worked great and like Graham said, its 24" long so had to coil it up. It does make sense to have it shortened if that a common camera for you on the Pro.