/dist/images/branding/favicon

BMCC flying questions...FPV...Alexmos...help

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Sam Fleishman, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

I plan on flying the black magic cinema camera 2k next week. I will be flying a flat octo with an alexmos brushless gimbal. For fpv I will be using the Teradek Clip and Ubiquiti Router. For anyone who has flown this camera, are there any speed bumps I might encounter with the fpv or anything else about the camera? Is it as straight forward as prepping and flying any DSLR camera on an alexmos gimbal with a Teradek Clip? I'm thinking we will use the 24-105 IS lens as well. maybe the 24 IS prime.

2. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

your main issue is the BM does NOT have an HDMI output, you need an SDI to HDMI converter. I ran into that issue a few weeks ago when trying to run it on my hand rig.

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

It's not a great camera at all for aerials. You don't see them flown often. The cropped sensor and rolling shutter make it difficult. The 24-105 is a heavy lens and you will need something wider to get much usable results with this camera. It is a bit heavier and bulkier than a dslr so it will really make a small alexmos setup work hard. In my opinion, the pocket camera is much better, with the lumix 12-35 it has a nice range and looks nearly identical to the cinema camera even though it only shoots 1080. Even better still, the new 4K.

Steve Maller likes this.
  4. kjetil tønnesen

just try the bmpcc it is better,i just tryed to setup the bmcc on my gimblerigg and i notice that it does not have a hdmi output,so i will not use this camera for aerial,but the pocket have a mini hdmi output,is a great camera and the quality is like the big one exept for the raw 2,5k.