/dist/images/branding/favicon

best solution for gripping monitor?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by alain baars, Apr 15, 2015.

1. alain baars

alain baars Member

due to changing from low-level to midlevel height with the movi, it is necessary to switch the monitor from straight to flat, this always gets my monitor get loose from the connections. A magic arm doesn't seem to do the trick as well, cause you want to change the angle of the monitor in seconds with one hand.

How do you guys do that?
    colleague of mine uses two monitors to avoid this, but I wasn't planning on going that road.

2. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I have used a cheap shoulder mount to mount the monitor on the me, instead of on the camera. It works for some situations better then others, but it definitely works nicely when you need to go from low to high, or vice versa.

I used one of these http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-...9218141&sr=1-1&keywords=cowboy+shoulder+mount, a magic arm and a Small HD DP4 with EVF to put the monitor up to my right eye. HDMI cable mounted from movi hanging to the monitor. I can then move the Movi in any orientation I want and be able to see the framing. When walking, and moving you either need to look only with your left eye or both. It also definitely helps for focusing better if you also have to focus.

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

I think I have heard of that solution some time ago from you, might work but I don't think that's the right solution for me.

btw, are you living in the Netherlands? cause you have a Dutch name,

4. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

The other solution I have seen is the Zies Cinemizer. I tried them but the quality of the screen and the fact that it only worked or one of my eyes made it terrible for focus and not great for me. You can easily see from outside the goggles with them on.