Battery loses power when Movi not in use for awhile

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Shana Allan, May 3, 2019.

1. Shana Allan

Shana Allan New Member

Hello, I use my MCR but not often. I've learned that even if I fully charge it up after using it down to zero and put it away, the next time I go to use it again there is battery life loss on the power indicator. It's either at half power or one indicator light lit up..depending on how long it sits before I put it use again. I use it maybe once every two months..so I'm not an avid user just yet as I've not much to video at the moment.

I was wondering if this happens to any others and their Movi's too?

Thanks,
    Shana

2. Stephen Hart

Stephen Hart New Member

Not a Movi expert by any means, but:
    Modern lithium batteries do not need to be run down before charging. All the recommendations I've seen for several years say to just charge when convenient. I bought a pair of batteries from Freefly, and a USB charger that'll work at home or in my car.

My Movi has been sitting unused for a few days and has exactly the same number of battery-status lights that it did when I turned it off. Are you sure you aren't leaving it on or sleeping?

3. Shana Allan

Shana Allan New Member

It’s completely off and sitting unused for weeks at a time. When I turn it on after it’s been sitting off and unused it’s down to one, maybe two light bars.

This last time I pulled it out to used it after it sat for months and it had one light bar and lasted about 20 mins before it died. If I used it every few days I probably wouldn’t have this dilemma. Mine sits off for quite a while in between uses. It just confuses me that a battery not in use would drain like that.