/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery help for accessories.

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by jim mundell, Nov 5, 2014.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Was hoping to see what everyone is doing for accessory power and placement. Have a M15 I am trying to power a Bartech on a 5D and my setup does not have a dtap anywhere. Have had other camera setups where I can dtap off of a red or whatever camera and battery but have not had a 5D on before.
    Tried to put an extra lipo on the roll beam with velcro but it seems my roll gets quite top heavy. I can balance the roll to level but it flops to either side like it is top heavy. Not to one side, but evenly falls to either side once out of level. And yes my tilt and Cg are balanced.
    Will be powering a teradek bolt 600 and a Bartech digi receiver. Am currenty using the second lipo tray to power the Teradek with a sony L battery. (Replaced the FF lipo tray holder with a sony L holder.) Didnt find any options to split power off of the second FF lipo to power both units. Hence replacing the tray. Figured I could put something closer to power Bartech.
    Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Built a custom power distribution box. Mount it on the cross bar. Run a v mount to it. Distribute power to all of your accessories.

It's the only practical solution.

Ryan Hamelin likes this.
  3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. There are times when i don't use the cross bar and I need it all to be contained below the toad in the hole.
    No cabling past the male toad in the hole. Looking for setup help in that situation. Thanks.

4. Ben Ruffell

We just relocate the distribution box to the rear when we remove the cross bar.

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Where in the rear? Where the MCU is? Or the rear of the camera?

6. Ben Ruffell

rear vertical spar. Lot's of room back there. Or on the twin tubes.

Frustrating that we have to come up with our own power distribution systems.

7. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Hey Jim,

You could always use the top of a cage to velcro/double-sided tape a LiPo to your 5D.

http://woodencamera.com/Quick-Cage-DSLR-Medium.html

Or you could buy a 5D hot shoe to 1/4-20 screw adapter and screw it into any flat surface to hold the LiPo.

Or you could cut a hole in a thin piece of aluminum so you have a flat surface that goes between the FreeFly dovetail and 5D. Then with the extra "shelf" that's behind the 5D, you can use it to velcro LiPo's to it.

Hope one of these helps.

8. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

A simple and lightweight solution for a 5D setup is to buy this battery plate:
    http://www.hawkwoods.com/products/d...mToSlide=7&asi=BP-75U&asi2=BP-2X2&asi3=BP-60U

And couple of these batteries:
    http://swit.us/s8u63-battery-for-sony-pmw18631002003113.html

You could even power a Paralinx or Teradek receiver from it.

I mount it on the crossbar of my M10, but it should be easy enough to mount below the TITH.

The Wooden Camera baseplate Kurt mentioned is great because the Bartech Digital Receiver fits perfectly underneath.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,