/dist/images/branding/favicon

First CS6 + WKM Flight - much work ahead!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dan Proud, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Dan Proud

Dan Proud New Member

I flew my CS6 for the first time today. It's great to have taken off for the first time - but then a bit frustrating to realize I think I need new ESC's!

In the clip, you'll notice stability is all over the place, and it seems to perieodically just drop. Currently installed is Turnigy Trust 40a ESC's. Since I installed these, I've been reading about the SimonK, or the deluxe CC IceLite 50a ESC's. Darn it! Looks like I have to spend more money...

Those flying Wookong feel free to comment - through I think I just need the right ESC's for the job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TOh6Onmvtr0

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Is your bird balanced? that can cause that bounce!

3. Brandon Loeser

Looks like you might be flying in manual mode. Do you have GPS/ATTI/MANUAL switch all set up? Attitude mode should be pretty solid. The ESC should be fine. What are you gains set to?

4. Dan Proud

Dan Proud New Member

I didn't think props needed balancing anymore? Will give it a try!

Brandon, definately flying in ATTI mode. I think you can see the yellow light blinking in the clip.

Has anyone heard of the Wookong GPS being useless in Australia?

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Google shows quite a list of hits for:
    wookong gps australia​
    many of them talking about problems -- mostly dated in the middle of last year.

Andy.

6. Brandon Loeser

Hmmmm.... Even in ATTI mode the GPS shouldn't be an issue. If you plug it in and turn it to GPS mode: how are the lights flashing? It'll do 3 reds for a while then a green. Maybe 15 seconds or so. Also check the placement of your IMU and GPS and make sure the measurements are correct (+/-) to the Center Of Gravity when a camera is attached. I heard of the GPS issue in AUS but I haven't heard anything lately. What are your gains settings?

7. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

Dan, it looks to me like it's blinking white flash in the air. It means there's something wrong in imu data, it can be strong interference, wrong settings/parameters or faulty imu. I used before wkm with CS6 and it was great combo.

Kari