/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 and Toad in the hole

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Andrew McLean, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Andrew McLean

Andrew McLean New Member

Am a new owner of the M5. I also purchased the Toad in the hole so I could easily transfer it between the ring, handles, and a tripod. One problem I'm having with the tripod is that the camera is upside down. I know I can always flip it in post, but there has to be a way to just align it normally, yeah? The wires keep getting stuck when trying to turn it all the way to normal shooting position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is a bone head question.

Thanks!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Andrew: Brad Meier answered this question: "You can just take the camera out of the cage and flip it over, along with the cage and put it back in. The IMU will initialize to the nearest 180 degrees so as long as its pointed in somewhat the right direction during startup, you'll be fine." See http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/m5-inverted.4198/#post-50903 Message #5.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

3. Andrew McLean

Andrew McLean New Member

Thank you Andy, appreciate your help! That worked and I'm all good to go.

4. Adam Forgione

Adam Forgione New Member

Hey Andrew, do you happen to have a pic of your setup, thats exactly what I'm trying to do but i want to make sure i buy alll the correct accessories

5. Andrew McLean

Andrew McLean New Member

Hello Adam. Unfortunately I don't have a pic, sorry. But Andy Johnson's recommendation is spot on. All you really need is the Ninja Star to attach to your tripod and the Toad in the Hole on your Movi cage. Hope this helps!

Colin

6. Andrew McLean

Andrew McLean New Member

Sorry, one more thing. You would also need to attach the Toad in the Hole MALE end to the Ninja Star. The Toad in the Hole FEMALE end will be on your Movi cage.

7. Adam Forgione

Adam Forgione New Member

Thanks, I read something about possibly needing 2 toad in the holes, especially as I am trying to accomplish a "quick release" style move. Do you have one toad in the hole set, or do you have an extra accessory?

8. Andrew McLean

Andrew McLean New Member

Yes, you will need additional MALE ends. Your FEMALE end will always stay on your Movi cage. Your MALE ends will be placed on your tripod and your ring and your handles. So you probably will need 3 MALE ends total. And if you happen to have more tripods and rigs that you're using, you'll need more MALE ends.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member