/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi with helmet mounted monitor

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Freddie Wong, Apr 3, 2014.

?

Is the person pictured attractive?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2014.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Absolutely

66.7%
  3. Errr....none of the above.... (OK...ok...I added this one...Andy)

33.3%
  1. Freddie Wong

Freddie Wong New Member

Witness true style. This setup is

- M10 with Red Epic
    - Marshall LCD50 aka the cheapest monitor Marshall makes
    - Nyrius wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver linking monitor and Red because screw Paralinx and their literally identical 4x more expensive setup
    - Energizer USB power pack to power transmitter because screw $60 dtap-USB cables
    - Anker 20000 mAh battery to power receiver because I need a counterweight on the helmet
    - Ipx v-lock battery

The goal of this setup is to make the Movi rig as lightweight as humanly possible while allowing monitoring without straining your neck to see monitor and also facilitate easier monitoring of low to high moves. Despite being jacked like a Toyota in a bad neighborhood, I feel like it's about the long haul. The weight reduction is significant enough to allow for some really audacious repeatable moves with significantly less fatigue. Taking the monitor and monitor power off the rig is awesome.

Problems are
    - Makes eye height operation slightly more difficult as it's encumbered by the monitor.
    - Distracting to all members of opposite sex
    - Occasional take corpsed due to actor laughing at you

Attached Files:

Mike Vickers likes this.
  2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

I'm a fan of this concept... For years. I used to do my jib work like this sometimes

3. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

What a cool setup, I love it.
    May I ask a Question about the Nyrius? Which version do you use, and did you try it on longer distances than MoVI to helmet?
    Thanks for sharing, amazing!!!

4. Mike Vickers

Mike Vickers New Member

This makes me feel better about buying a cheap transmitter & receiver! I also bought the Nyrius for the same reason. It's the one thing I skimped on.

5. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

To quote Ghost in the Shell:

'If man realises technology is within reach, he achieves it like it's damn near instinctive.'

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The full version is: 'If man realises technology is within reach, he achieves it like it's damn near instinctive even when he really should not.' :)

I use the MōVI with Cinemizer goggles....I can look over the top of them for real world, and just look down to see the video.

Andy.