/dist/images/branding/favicon

Airstoc - Making money from stock drone footage

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andre Ferreira, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Andre Ferreira

Andre Ferreira New Member

Hello fellow Pilots-Filmmakers!

I'm Andre, one of the founders of Airstoc, the website that allows drone operators to upload their footage and for the rest of the world to buy it. Think of it as Shutterstock or iStock but made by drone operators for drone operators.

I've had this idea for about 6 months now but in November decided to attend Startup Weekend Sheffield here in the UK and turns out we took 1st place. :) As a result all of us 3 members have quit our jobs and are now dedicated to this venture full time.

Airstoc maybe something you're interested in, maybe you disagree with the concept, or even most likely you have quite a few questions about it. Well that is the whole point of engaging with the comunity. We are starting pretty much from ZERO so a lot of the questions you have we have too, and there isnt a set way of doing things but we beleive getting drone operators involved is paramount to finding it.

Let us know what you think of the early stage website at www.airstoc.com and look forward to reading your comments!
    I'll also leave some videos behind of what we've been up to

Andre

2. Andre Ferreira

Last week was the first all 3 of us were working on Airstoc full time and so we've decided to start a video diary

3. Andre Ferreira

I've also thought it would be a good idea to star q weekly news review on the world of drones.

I went totally overboard on this one and spent WAYYY too much time talking so the next one will be much shorter!
    Let me know if you've found something interesting in the news recently.

4. Andre Ferreira

And this was the Week 2 episode that we released yesterday, this time hosted by Manu, our tech guru. He thinks he's the boss for some reason :p

5. Andre Ferreira

The weeks are going fast!

Would love to hear your feedback guys, regardless of positive or negative its all constructive. at the end of the day, we are trying to build a platform by drone operators for drone operators.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andre, FYI that the blog link on your website is giving a 404 error.