/dist/images/branding/favicon

FS700

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Casey McBeath, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

At the request of a customer, I am attempting to balance a FS700 to the MoVI. I think it would be great with a thin flexible 3G SDI cable running out to a 4K?SloMo recorder filled backpack.

HOWEVER, in my experimentation, I find the FS700 (a horribly designed camcorder) to be too long and too inherently front heavy to ever be balanced. But I found this in the forums, http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...pters-new-vid-of-heavy-lift-what-motors.2262/

Where are we running afoul?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Try giving Jeff at quadrocopter a call.

3. Marcus Samperi

Marcus Samperi New Member

Hi Casey,

To get the FS700 to balance on the MoVi M10 you need to add counterweights to the rear of the FS700 to offset the heavy front end. I have managed to balance up an FS700 tonight with the standard Sony lens on the front. You are correct in saying that it is a badly designed camera for the MoVi M10 but it can be done, just allow extra time to set up on set. The thing that the FS700 has going for it is that it is so light, this means adding counterweights is a real possibility whilst being able to connect a WLCS etc...

Any problems, let me know I can try and help.

Marcus

Jason Herring likes this.
  4. Senthil Nathan

Just out of curiosity, it would be really awesome if someone can post done pictures of their counter balanced setup. I may want to shoot with a Fs700 in the near future for some slomo soccer shots for an Ad. Thanks in advance.

5. yby

yby New Member

I found that a combination of quarters, nickels and pennies fits perfectly in the voids of the FMU filler blank. Still needs more counterweight so I'm again interested in what other people have done but I think it might be a good start.

6. Markku Rytinki

Markku Rytinki New Member

we added about 400g weight of the back of the camera.
    Samyang lenses can be used with the Speed Booster 20mm up to 100mm

[​IMG]