/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem with mode switch

Discussion in 'Radian' started by gonzalo saleme, Oct 13, 2012.

1. gonzalo saleme

gonzalo saleme New Member

Hello, I have just install the radians for roll and tilt in 2 axis gimbal. The stabilization works great.
    The issue I got is that the "OFF" mode doesnt stop driving the PWM output to the servos. They still work as if they were in STABILIZED SLEW!! ..Both FIXED POSITION and stabilized slew work as they should.

I have installed a spektrum sattelite for my DX8, wich is also the RC for my CS.

And another question I got is how can I control the tilt? I set the slew for the tilt in channel 8 and it works only in one direction, for returning back I have to change the mode to FIXED POSITION.

Hope you cann help! Thanks!!

Gonzalo Saleme

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gonzalo: When you look at the diagnostic display on the Radian software (see the red outline image below) and you change the switch on the transmitter that you are using to control the Mode, do you see it changing? If the Mode is OFF, the indicator rectangle should be above the Red part of the bar. If this does not happen can you upload screen shots of what the window looks like when you have the switch OFF, FIXED, and STABLIZED SLEW, please?

FF Radian Diagnostic Window.png

As to your second question, can you upload a screen capture of the parameter settings you have for your tilt Radian sensor, and also describe the connections you have for all of the ports on the tilt Radian sensor please?

Thanks
    Andy.

3. gonzalo saleme

Hi Andy! Yes, when I change the switch in the DX8 control, it changes the diagnostic display for MODE as well. In the images I send, you can see in both cases that the mode is in OFF (left and red) but the radians and servos are stabilizing the gimbal...
    The only thing that looks strange for me as you will see, is that the tilt display shows a SBUS instead of Spektrum.
    Well the connections I have for ports in tilt radian are the extension cable in port 1 (coming from port 3 from roll radian) and the servo output in port 4
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That is puzzling. It appears that you have everything set up correctly.
    I didn't actually ask this, but are you using the original Freefly servos?
    As I understand it the first Radian sensor will show Spektrum as that's what you're using for your Rx. But any other Radian sensors in the daisy chain will show S-bus as that's what they use between themselves. Even though they're checkboxes, they're really display for status display. You cannot change them.
    One thought. In the Diagnostic Window, use the Window menu and select Input Channel Monitor -- it shows you the activity on all the channels going into the sensors -- see if there's anything weird going on there. Sorry to be so non-specific but if you've got something obviously wrong, I'm not seeing it.
    Tabb/JohnC: Any ideas what to try?
    Andy.

5. gonzalo saleme

Yeah, very strange! I´m sending now some images of the Imput channel monitor. Again, everything seems OK, but the servos wont stop!
    I have just done my first test with the 7D and I am very glad with the results. I only have to take a look of the gain.
    but with the tilt control, still no better results!
    Thanks Andy!
    Gonzalo

Attached Files:

6. gonzalo saleme

ahh yes I´m using the original Freefly servos

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Gonzalo,

You have the tilt slew channel mapped to channel 8 which in the input monitor window is showing -128%, this is why your tilt drives down and you have to switch to "fixed position stabilized" to return to center. Please map your tilt slew channel to a joystick control like channel 2. I am guessing you have it on a switch right now??

Thanks

Tabb

8. gonzalo saleme

Thanks for your response Tabb! I already tried the tilt slew with different channels from joystick control, but in every case got the same result: I can move it just a few degrees up and it stops there, and cant return unless I switch to "fixed position stabilized"
    I mapped to channel 8 as I use the sticks for copter. Should I reset the modules and start again?
    Thanks!

9. gonzalo saleme

I couldnt fix the problem yet...
    but modules are working fine; watch this

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nice work, Gonzalo. Great scenery.

Andy.

11. gonzalo saleme

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Did you manage to limit the -128% for the Mode channel you're using as Tabb had suggested?

Thanks
    Andy.

13. gonzalo saleme

Sorry Andy, do you mean the limit should be cero? by changing parameters in the DX8?

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think Tabb's thinking was that you should reduce the range that the Channel swings from -128 / + 128 to say, -100 / + 100 -- but that's just me speculating on what he meant.

Andy

15. gonzalo saleme

OK! I will try that! thanks!