/dist/images/branding/favicon

Backup Transmitter

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jeff Cook, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

I know it's only a matter of time before something of importance gets dropped, lost or stolen, so I do my best to have a backup whenever possible. Which brings me to the MōVI Transmitter.

I come from the production world so the R/C stuff is still a bit of a learning curve for me, but here is my question:
    Can I program a 2nd DX7s to run my MōVI without screwing up the original one? Ideally what I want is if the 1st transmitter falls off a cliff during a shoot, I can just pick up the 2nd unit and keep going.

Is this possible and if so, i do I go about setting it up?

Thanks in advance for the help on this one.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeff the DX7 gets 'bound' to the receiver. To the best of my knowledge the receiver can only be bound to one transmitter at a time. Currently you can only 'bind' them with the M¯øVI app on the Windows platform. It is very easy to do but you would need to have a computer handy. What would be better and not much more money would be to buy a spare Satellite recv and bind that to the second transmitter. Then swap the Sat if needed.

3. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jeff,

We sell the DX7s here: https://www.quadrocopter.com/Specktrum-DX7s-Transmitter-MD2_p_996.html

Also, there is a slot in the DX7s and in the menu/setup you can transfer and save the settings of your transmitter to an SD card. If something does happen to the transmitter simply insert the SD card into the new transmitter and upload the save file from the card. From there follow Gary's instruction above.

Greetings,
    Adam

4. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Gary and Adam,

Thanks for the info.

Good tip on the SD card.

I already have a 2nd DX7s, so where and I get the Satellite receiver to bind it to? Quadrocopter?

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

6. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

What are some other transmitter options? Futaba? Can I buy a DX7 non S and use that?

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Oscar the DX7 non S is just an older version. Yes you can change to Futaba. Only Spektrum and Futaba s.Bus are currently supported.

8. Jim Robertson

Jim Robertson Member

can the settings from the DX7 saved to the Sd card be transferred and used on a futaba?

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

No totally different systems.