/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 WKM motors too hot to touch

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Rob Scribner, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Rob if they are to hot to touch then you really need to figure out what is causing the high temps. eclac indicates hover should be about 90 degrees. That is just an indicator but if you can't hold them with your hand then either something is defective, misaligned or you are trying to lift to much weight.

2. Rob Scribner

Rob Scribner New Member

I am not sure it's a weight problem yet. For one, the system has no crazy things added to it, just 2 batteries and a 60D. I would hate to think that a cinestar 8 package can't lift a 60D. Second, just by changing the FC I was able to drop the motor temp about 40 degrees...so that doesn't sound like a weight problem but more like a communication problem and/or crappy part (ESC's). I personally am leaning toward the ESC's but don't want spend money on something that doesn't fix the problem. The motors still seem fairly hot with a new FC, but not as bad. I am not ready to give up just yet on the WKM and am hoping that the FF motor control set might work better with it but its a pricy part and want to make sure it will work with WKM well. Again just looking for thoughts.