/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem booting the synapse

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Humberto Barchini, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Humberto Barchini

Today after almost 10 successful flys with the Alta I take it to production... Something easy and no so stressing, like taking pictures for a bulging catalog... Movi5 & Sony A7SII
    Connect the Movi, the Alta... And as always the message booting... But these time the message never go off... And in the iPhone app same thing... I try to connect & disconnect it several times but nothing... After about an hour I give up and return to my office... In the way I look at a spot to fly and try again... At the first try everything goes with no problem at all...
    I think the problem was some electricity lines that was at 20 meters where Inwas to take off... But no compass or GPS errors just it didn't boot... In the same place I fly my S900 with A2 with no problems (luck that I have it with me at that time)

Any ideas? Interference maybe? image.png

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Was the ALTA perfectly still?

3. Humberto Barchini

Yes Steve... on the ground and no movement... MOVI5 in parking mode...

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

M5 was parked or powered off? I always wait until the ALTA has completely booted up before powering on the MōVI.

5. Humberto Barchini

I tested both ways... same result, but when I move de Alta 100 meter away that point all works great with no problems at all, maybe it is very sensitive to magnetic interference ...

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Open up the Terminal windows, Humberto and take a screen shot. It might provide some additional diagnostic information.

Thanks
    Andy