/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery tester pin question

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Mike Duval, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

So with the supplied battery tester there are 7 pins but you only end up using the lower 5. Is it okay to prune the upper two pins to reduce some of the potential confusion in hooking it up?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike you could do that, of course then it would only work with batteries 4S or smaller. Easier is to use a marker or a bit of nail polish to mark 'pin 1' on both the checker and the battery side. Then easy to match it up.

3. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Mike, if what you are trying to accomplish is an "idiot proof" solution, (without looking at the tester), would shrink tubing the 2 pins with very fine shrink accomplish this and make it obvious to the user and impossible to do incorrectly? Then you could strip it later to expand. I personally would use the dot method, but we are not your users.

-m

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

That's a good idea also. They can only put it on two ways, right side up and down so have a 50% chance of getting it right :)

5. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Good call Mike, best of both worlds there! I like that solution paired with the mini diagram i printed out and mounted to the bottom of the little compartment of the Plano case I'm making up for all the tools & accessories.