/dist/images/branding/favicon

powering the Redrock FF

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris Durkee, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

I hope to get my redrock microRemote FF soon! Can anyone tell me how I power it while it's on the MOVI?

2. Jonathan Stevenson

As of now, you will have a few options.

1) Powered by light-weight IDX E-7S battery through DTap
    2) Powered by Lipo batteries using a custom 6pin Lemo to Lipo cable
    3) Powered by Redvolt through the Epic +1 Module adapter, and custom cable (that either you, redrock, or Movi will have to make)

3. Christopher Barrett

Just a head's up... My +1 Module will NOT power the RRM FF (I get a warning from the Epic and then it shuts down the Aux Out). The +1 does power my Teradek just fine. I usually run the Teradek off the +1 and the FF off a D-Tap straight from my V-Lock Batt.

EDIT: I found out today that the Teradek and the RRM FF have reverse Pin-Outs on their Lemo ports. So, you may very well be able to power the FF with the +1 Module if you have the correct cable, maybe.

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Just keep in mind that the microRemote requires at minimum 12v to operate. Make sure any batteries you get output at least 14.8v, just to be sure. I think the max voltage it will take is 18v.

This is where my circuitry knowledge reaches its limit, but the torque motor also requires more amperage than your average accessory in order to move stiff lenses quickly. I don't remember what that amp rating is, but maybe that plays a factor in the +1 Module not working?

5. Jonathan Stevenson

When it comes time to make your final payment on the Movi, you gain access to an "owner" online store, which has a few cable and battery accessories. One of which is a Lipo to 2pin Lemo cable, making it very easy and simple to hook a Lipo battery to the base station.

6. J Griffin Ricker

You sure? The base station power cable for RR is 6 pin.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Base Station power according to the manual is 2 pin. Only 6 pin on the BS appears to be the Accessory outlet and they have a cable from that to the Tape Measure.

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 8.07.35 PM.png

8. J Griffin Ricker

Appears the 6 pin has been superseded.

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Read the posting from the manual. Pre February 2013 have 6 pin connectors. So yours sounds like an early model.