/dist/images/branding/favicon

Camera DTap intermittent power

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ben Platts, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

On a shoot yesterday the 12-14V Camera DTap started to intermittently cut the power to the camera. I've seen a few threads about power draw issues cutting power to the camera but this set up has been working fine for about 10 days without any issues then all of a sudden the camera just started repeatedly rebooting and siting down. We tried a different power cable to rule that out then switched to powering the camera direct from a lipo which worked fine. So I can pretty definitively say its the DTap socket on the power or the whole power distribution system thats got the fault. The gimbal is powering the Alexa mini, Paralinx Tomahawk TX, RT motion mk3.1 RX and 1 LCS motor and a small SDI-HDMI converter. As I said its all been working fine for at least 10 days with this config. None of the other powered items cut out when the camera does. Im currently running the latest Beta firmware. I was going to upgrade to the new standard firmware and see what happens.

Any thoughts? Just a power draw issue even though its just started happening? Or another wiring fault that i'll have to send the Pro back for....for the third time!!!

2. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Also I'm only running with one battery. I always have been due to the Pro being so unbalanced with two on.

3. Jônathas Araujo

Jônathas Araujo New Member

It happens the same with me using Alexa Mini, Teradek Tx and Small HD Ultrabright. Once I've changed the SDI cable and it worked fine. I just pluged the SDI cable from the camera on the Teradek RX instead on the monitor. I don't the reason but it fixed the intermittent power. Next week I'll do a lot of tests of powering the camera on Movi and I write to Freelfy suport.