/dist/images/branding/favicon

ROAM shot with new Freefly MōVI MR Gimbal

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Hugh Bell, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hugh Bell

Hugh Bell Administrator
    Staff Member

A small selection of clips captured on a 3 day shoot in Montana using the brand new CineStar with MōVI MR Gimbal.

Brad Meier likes this.
  2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Beautiful. When can we get them?

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

I peed my pants a little.
    Just awesome.

Brad McGiveron and Steve Maller like this.
  4. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

someone on the FF facebook page picked up on an error in the video.

"at :37 - :41 you can see that the shot is a composite or CGI or something. Keep your eye on the tip of the rifle. You see that someone screwed up when keying."

I can see the rifle tip disappear and reappear. I see these little errors throughout the video. So how much of it is real direct from the gimbal or how much is it staged? I hope it's all real...I'd love a FF DD product

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Guys, Sorry for the radio silence on my part. Things have been incredible busy leading up to NAB. You will all understand in a few days why the FF team has been so quiet lately....we are barely hanging on for life at HQ bringing these new products out!

Howard, The 'ROAM' video is 100% raw footage (color graded) the issue with the rifle is an encoding issue with the web export. As you know the h.264 codec uses predictive encoding etc and can sometimes do weird artifacts like this. I can upload a HQ version to prove this if needed. I would think by now people would understand we are commited to making the highest end remote aerial cinema products the world has ever seen. Certainly faking or CGI'ing something would be counterproductive as this is an easy claim to fact check.

This new system is producing footage that is jaw dropping. The entire development team should be proud, we have made a 3.5lb gimbal that shoots perfectly stable raw footage with crazy long lenses. To my knowledge no other system is even close.

Tabb

6. Benjamin Rowland

Looks amazing! We're cheering for you and the team from Atlanta - wish we could make it to NAB this year. We look forward to flying this amazing piece of machinery.

7. Chakradhar Raju

Russian FOG gyros are doing the magic?